As time goes by, your teeth tend to shift sometimes causing your front top and bottom teeth to become crooked. At first glance, you may think you need braces, however with the patented Inman Aligner, your front teeth can be gently guided to an ideal position quickly and effectively, in a matter of weeks.
What is an Inman Aligner?
The Inman Aligner is a simple removable appliance used to align front teeth quickly and safely. It’s ideal as a stand alone treatment or to pre-align teeth prior to further cosmetic options such as bonding or minimal veneers.
How does the Inman work?
The Inman Aligner has Nickel Titanium coil springs that power two aligner bows that gently oppose each other, guiding the teeth into their new position. These gentle forces are active over a very large range of movement, which is why the Inman Aligner works so quickly.
How long does it take?
Most cases are completed within 6-18 weeks. At your assessment, it will be discussed further as every case is unique and it very much depends a patients motivation to wear the appliance as much a possible. Your dentist will give you a realistic guide of what to expect. For suitable cases the Inman Aligner is usually much faster than alternative orthodontic techniques.
What is involved in Treatment with the Inman Aligner?
- Treatment can only begin after a consultation to assess your suitability and discuss your options.
- Impressions are needed so that the lab can fabricate your custom made Inman Aligner.
- Initial fitting of the Aligner.
- Wear the Aligner 16-20 hours a day.
- Regular Inman checks every 2-3 weeks.
- As with other orthodontic treatment, after treatment is completed with the Inman Aligner, retention is recommended for life to prevent relapse. Retention can come in the form of a lingually bonded retainer or an Essix retainer.
For more information about the Inman Aligner, go to www.inmanaligner.com.